How to use Google Docs
Step 1: Create a document
To create a new document:
- On your computer, open the Docs home screen at docs.google.com.
- In the top left, under "Start a new document," click Blank +
You can also create new documents from the URL docs.google.com/create.
Step 2: Edit and format
To edit a document:
- On your computer, open a document in Google Docs.
- To select a word, double-click it or use your cursor to select the text you want to change.
- Start editing.
- To undo or redo an action, at the top, click Undo or Redo
Note: To edit a document on a touchscreen device, like a Pixel Book, double-tap the document to start typing.
You can add and edit text, paragraphs, spacing, and more in a document.
- Format paragraphs or font
- Add a title, heading, or table of contents
Step 3: Share & work with others
You can share files and folders with people and choose whether they can view, edit, or comment on them.